Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Heart Strings Quilt Project, cyber Retreat Weekend coming up

My goal for this weekend is to join the gang at Heart Strings for a Labor Day weekend cyber retreat.  I haven't been a member of the group for very long but with all of the strings I have, I thought, why not?  Blocks that are sent to a specified location are shared with other blocks and put together by members.  Because blocks come in from so many places, there is a standard criteria for the blocks so that they can all be used together in a quilt.  If you are curious about this group and the block requirements, click on the Heartstrings Quilt Project.  The actual retreat idea was mentioned on the Heartstrings Yahoo group.  I had my muslin squares and red and blue center strips cut a while back, but I got lost in crumbs last weekend.  When I heard the group was retreating this weekend, it gave me the push I needed to plan the activity for this coming weekend. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Looks like you're all set. I may get a couple HeartStrings quilts bound this weekend but probably won't get blocks made.

    ReplyDelete