Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Shopping for New Swim Suits

One of my two swim suits that I use for water aerobics bit the dust.  It was a Delta Burke too.  Since Dillards was having a 70% off sale I decided to go, guessing that my second back-up Delta Burke could blow out at any time!!  Well let me tell you, I tried on about 20 suits, no kidding, and came home with 2.  One was $14.00 on sale and the other was $28.00.  I'm not a skinny minny though I AM trying to get there.  

I also wanted to pick up the current issue of Southern Living.  The girls I do water aerobics with said there was a to die for salad recipe with fennel and apples.  Passing close to our local Walmart I swung in to grab the magazine and decided to look at their swim suits.  I didn't have any high expectations, but they had one style, a simple ribbed tank which I decided to try on.  It had definite possibilities, depending on the price.  I took a look at the price tag and it said $16.00.  I thought, what the heck?, So I got one of those.  I figure if the high priced suits fall apart I might as well buy the cheap ones, or those on sale, they are only going to get eaten by chlorine and eventually fall apart too, so why spend the money?  I'll let you all know how that Walmart suit holds up. 
I don't know about you, but trying on clothes wears me out.  I think I may take a nap!

1 comment:

  1. I tried one on at Sears...oh myyyy! Those 30 pounds have got to go! Did you happen to notice if they had any that cover neck to knees? that nap sounds good!

    ReplyDelete