Thursday, September 30, 2010

Low Platelettes

I was not able to give my usual platelette donation yesterday because my count was too low.  First time that has happened to me in the two years I've been donating.  They were able to take a pint of whole blood.  My iron count was very good, can't explain the platelettes though.  It was disappointing to me because I know how badly platelettes are needed.  But on the other hand, whole blood is needed as well, so I guess I should be proud of that. 

I spent the remainder of yesterday working on a T-shirt quilt for a customer who is a runner.  Her shirts are really cute.  I hope to have them all trimmed into the correct size blocks today and then do a layout.  Her layout is going to be different because she has one center shirt as the focal point, and then all of the other shirts are to be arranged in chronological order around the center block and grouped by the kind of run it was.  I have a CAD program to help me with the layout, but I have never been able to get the hang of it.  In my opinion it is not very user friendly.  So I usually end up pulling out the graph paper and doing the layout the old-fashioned way.  The customer wants sashing also, so wish me luck. 

I haven't gotten any farther on the Morning Frost quilt of mine.  Hey, there are only so many hours in a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment