Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Catching up on things

The laundry was the first thing to get going this morning.  Then I put a coat of polyurethane on the vanity top.  I did spray it with the Stone spray and I'm pleased enough with it to leave it as it is, it just needs a couple coats of the sealer.  You can see where I have the sink taped off and covered so the spray wouldn't get everywhere. 

Next I headed to the bank, then to the Thrift shop where I found this nice shirt for $3.50 in a size smaller than I'm used to wearing.  Yeah!


From there I went to our local Hancock Fabrics to leave more business cards for my longarm quilting service.  We don't have any quilt shops in our immediate area, they have all closed.

And then the dreaded grocery shopping, why does eating healthy seem to cost so much more? 

Then home to put away groceries and continue with laundry.  I also got in touch with a person from Heartstrings Quilt Project and I am going to be volunteering my time to quilt for them.  Looking forward to that.  In between the remaining loads of laundry I started the center squares to do Mary Johnson's strips & Strings log cabin blocks.  These are another project that I've been wanting to work on.  I got a big bunch of those finished and worked on sewing string blocks together from my sew-in over Labor Day Weekend.  I have some pressing to do this evening on the string blocks and the log cabin centers.  That will be a good project while I'm waiting for Survivor to come on.

1 comment:

  1. I cant wait to see your log cabin...that's a favorite of mine. Did you talk to Sue about quilting? We appreciate the help.

    ReplyDelete