Saturday, September 25, 2010

Oh, Oh, not again

I went to zumba this morning, and came home to shower, but realized I had to get to the post office before they closed.  As I was nearing the Post office parking lot to mail a package, my warning lights all came on again in my car.  Remember, just a short time ago the same thing happened?  I pulled into a parking spot, mailed my package and called DH.  He drove my car to the dealer while I drove behind him in his truck.  We were fortunate to make it to the dealer without any problems.  It turns out that on the Prius there is a water pump that cools the big hybrid battery, and that was broken.  It would have been covered under warranty but our warranty ran out 5 months ago.  But the service dept. said they would not charge us as a courtesy...good thing because that may have been part of the problem I had on the 14th.  Bad thing is that they don't have the part in stock, and don't know when it will be available until they talk with someone on Monday....hummmm so no car for a while.  Back to one vehicle until it gets fixed. 

On another subject, I am sick of fabric strings, and decided I would try and make a shaggy rag rug from the strips of fabric.  I'm going to try two methods.  The first method is to take the canvas that is used for latch hooking, cut my strips about 4" long by 1/2" wide, and use the latch hook to pull the fabric through to knot.  The second thing I'm going to try is just sewing 2" or so strips to a base of fabric along the length of fabric strip.  I think if I keep sewing row after row close together it will eventually look like chenille.   Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment