Wednesday, September 22, 2010

And there may be more...

Yes the halloween tablerunner top is ready to quilt, and that was/is on the list for today.  But I remembered that I had some fat quarters that were halloween related, so I decided to pull them out of my stash this morning.  It seems that from the fabric I bought for the tablerunner, plus the fat quarters I pulled there is quite a pile of halloween fabric that I'd like to use up.  Personally, I am not a big halloween fan, so I really don't want all of this themed fabric to take up room.  I want to use it up!



My thought was to make some placemats to send along with the tablerunner to my friend.  It means delaying the quilting on the tablerunner, assembling 4 placemats and maybe quilting everything all at once.  I know that I won't have the selection of fabric to make 4 exactly matching mats, but I don't think that it matters that they will be mixed up.  I just recently got some new pattern books, and in one of them I found some placemat patterns in the back of the book that would be perfect with these fabric pieces. 


Cozy Modern Quilts by Kim Schaefer
  Yesterday I worked on a customer quilt, and it's okay if I show parts of this one:


Front

Back
 The quilting pattern is from the Giant template pattern Spirals, from Circle Lord and I used a variegated thread with primary colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment