Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Productive Day

It was a busy and productive day.  I painted the doors and drawers from our bathroom vanity.  While that was drying I finished a customer's quilt.  Then I put another coat on the doors and drawers.  I loaded one of my personal quilts that I've been wanting to get finished.  After lunch I got it quilted.  


It's a t-shirt quilt from all of my platelette donations, you know they always give a goodie.  I quilted this with the wave template from Circle Lord, I shifted every other row to get the design.  If you look at the take up roller at the top of the picture you will see a Hershey's Kisses fabric.  This is actually a flat flannel sheet that I found at our local Goodwill.  It was just too cute to pass up.  I thought it would make a good backing.  I have the binding sewn to the front, so while I watch the Penn State, Alabama game I will hand stitch it to the back.  I'll get a picture posted tomorrow

I also spent some time in  my sewing room.  I spent 30 minutes working in there today because I had the time.  I made some good progress.


I was able to clear off quite a bit of space on these 2 tables.  It won't take much to finish those.  I have a couple of other problem areas but I'll share those another day. 

And then there was the bathroom project.  DH put another coat of that Rustoleum coating on the formica countertop, but I am not happy with it, it's splotchy and a mess to work with.  I may have to go with plan B which is Stone Creations, a spray with texture.  Only problem with that is it has a rough finish, not good on a bathroom counter.  But a couple coats of  clear polyurethane might fill in around the texture and make it smoother.  Plan C, a new vanity top.  $$$$Cha Ching!!

No comments:

Post a Comment