Saturday, September 18, 2010

Vanity doors and a rubber hammer?!?

The first thing I tackled today was getting the hardware back on the vanity doors and drawers.  For some reason, after I got the hinges on the doors and then went to put them on the cabinet, the previous screw holes wouldn't line up.  Since there are 4 doors I tried to switch them around to see which one matched up the best.  How hard could it be to just match them up?  No luck, then DH came in to help, and after about 30 minutes got out the rubber hammer, I kid you not.  For some reason the two doors in the center won't fit together anymore.  I think there are gremlins in that bathroom, because I have had nothing but problems with it.  Really how difficult could this be?  But no.....


Bathroom vanity


doors won't line up
 After all that I headed to Zumba this morning to shake out my frustration and hopefully keep my weight going in the right direction.  To reward myself I'd really like to sit and eat a package of cookies, but there is not a cookie to be found in the house, (some smart idea that was, not buying any) but an apple just doesn't hold the same appeal as sweet yummy crunchy-goodness cookies.   So what's a girl to do but have the darn apple and go quilt! 

Yesterday I finished the string quilt top that I'd been working on over Labor Day weekend so I want to get that quilted today.  And yesterday while I had some time I worked on my Strips and Strings lob cabin blocks.  It seems I got carried away because I have more logs to add but my blocks are looking like they will be more than 9.5", so I will have to trim them up or not add as many logs. 


A rubber hammer, can you believe it?

No comments:

Post a Comment