Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday line up

Well the Saints vs Vikings game was good but I just couldn't stay up till the end.  When I went to bed the Vikings were ahead, but as I found out this morning the Saints won.  Good for the Saints!  And even though Brett Favre and the Vikings lost, I was glad that Favre didn't get beat up during the game.  After all he is almost 41.

I got my tired bod to the pool this morning and did my thing.  I weighed myself this AM and found that I had gained 2 pounds.  That is the WRONG direction.  So I have to get to the gym a little more often and really watch what I'm eating so that I can get going in the RIGHT direction again.  At 55 it is so tough to lose weight, I keep asking myself why I got this way in the first place, well duh I love to eat!  I was raised in a midwest area, by parents whose traditions all revolved around food.  And not rabbit food, no no, meat, potatoes, gravy, cakes, pies, uh huh, you get the picture. 

So the big discussion on the Heartstrings Project Group at Yahoo is all about cleaning our sewing rooms.  Earlier this year I paid a professional organizer to help me get things right.  And it was all good for a couple of months, and now the room is in a sad state of affairs again.  Oh yes there is a place for everything, but my problem is that I just don't take the time to put things away when I am done using them.  My worst problem is pulling fabric off my neatly stacked shelves and then NOT putting it back when I'm done.  Well it seems I'm not alone as the discussion is growing about cleaning our sewing rooms.  And one smart lady came forward to post a challenge, take 10 minutes each day to clean your sewing room.  Now that may seem like a simple and sensible idea, but the fact that she made it a challenge makes me want to get going and do at least the 10 minutes a day. 

If your sewing room needs a bit of straightening, how about joining us in the challenge.  10 minutes, I'll bet we can get a lot done in that amount of time, and not be overwhelmed. 

Back to the Friday line-up.

  1. 10 min in the sewing room
  2. make a grocery list
  3. Call Walmart to find out why my new glasses aren't in yet.
  4. Shop
  5. load customer quilt on machine
  6. quilt quilt quilt
  7. get supplies ready to finish the bathroom on Saturday, ( I can't stand all of the paint cans, brushes...all over the place, enough is enough).
  8. If I have time I want to work on Mary Johnson's log cabin blocks
  9. Remember that Winter Frost UFO? , well I think it's time to get the blocks up on the design wall.
DH just came home from working nights and expressed an interest in going to Olive Garden tonight for dinner...should I tell him I was just there yesterday?  I don't think so.  Hee hee.

I'm heading to the sewing room right now, how about you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment