Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Tuesday, what a day

My Tuesday started out at the pool for water aerobics, next I headed to my guild meeting and took with me a stack of 4 quilts which were donated to our Linus project.


In the stack were two string quilts which were large, one quilt made with Bonnie Hunters's pattern Bricks and Stepping-Stones from her website at www. quiltville.com which was done in red, white and blue, perfect for Quilts of Valor, which our guild also contributes to.  The last quilt was the small pink and white D9P that I just finished.  It's always nice to give a stack of quilts away to a good cause, but it tugs on my heart just a bit to part with them, each one has a little of my heart & soul in it. 

I had some great plans for the afternoon, I was going to play and take a break from the routine.  I wanted to go to a local shoe store to purchase a pair of shoes to wear to Zumba.  They are much like the cheerleading shoes, with a circle on the bottom which helps to pivot.  I need all the help I can get, anyway after that I was going to head to a Thrift Shop at a local church just down the street, just felt like perusing.  BUT that didn't happen!

You see, on the way home I started having problems with my Prius.  It's a 2005 and I've never had a problem with it, always is on schedule with maintenance, but to make a long story short I had to have it towed to the dealership.  It turned out to be the small battery and it needed to be replaced.  My car has 2 batteries, a small one and the big one with the hybrid system.  To my amazement, from the time the warning lights came on to the time the car actually locked up was only a couple of miles.  I was trying to head to our dealership, when the car just locked up on me, of course at a red light.  Which turned green...I put my emergency flashers on, but I was on a busy street, only one mile from the dealership, stuck there.  The car wouldn't go in neutral, I couldn't pull the "key" out, it was just locked up.  I called for a tow truck but in the meantime, I got out of the car, and stood off to the side of the road.  Because the cars were coming up fast in my lane, and at the last minute they were seeing my flashers, and then in a panic, trying to get over to the other lane, I was just worried that my car would get hit from behind, and I didn't want to be in it!  Fortunately that didn't happen and the tow truck came promptly.  He towed the car all of a mile, and I sat while the techs figured out what happened (at that point I didn't know what was wrong with the car). And then I'm wondering, how much is THIS going to cost...And then I found out; battery $166.44. labor $95 misc charges and tax, $30 and $18.66 for a grand total of $310.10, oh and don't forget the tow, $45.00.  Being able to get home safe and sound, priceless!!

Needless to say, didn't get to the shoe store and definitely not the thrift shop.  But, my DH and I went out for dinner to Cracker Barrel, and the shoe store was right nearby, so I was able to run in and get my shoes. 

Today I have laundry spilling out of our hamper, and other things to take care of , but I am going to get to the thrift shop for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment