Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday line-up

I am admittedly missing water aerobics today so that I can focus on getting organized for the weekend.  I have a customer quilt to address today and then I can spend some time on my other goals. 

I am working on some Hearstrings Log Cabin blocks.  Here is a picture of some of them early on, I have since added another round of each light and dark, but didn't get a picture, it was getting late in the day.  I don't know about you, but I just can't sit and watch TV without doing something else.  Whether it's sketching a quilt block layout, ( I do have EQ also) or sewing at the dining room table with a view to the TV, I have to be doing something.


Strips and Strings Log Cabin blocks, Mary Johnson's pattern from Maryquilts.com 

That one block in the lower right hand corner has a really UGLY fabric, the one with the purple and orange dot!  Achhhh!  But should be fine in the big scheme of things. 

I am still working in the guest bathroom, what a long and drawn out ordeal that has been...and I don't even want to think about painting the guest bedroom, but really how bad could that be?  Just have to paint the walls....hee hee.

The sewing room needs some more attention, I started cleaning it and got side tracked, but I really want to get back in there and tidy up some areas.  It's always such a good feeling to have ample work space and be able to locate everything.  I'm fortunate to have my longarm machine in another room, it allows me some separation between "business" and personal space. 

I'm going to attempt Zumba again tomorrow morning.  This class I'm looking at going to is not at the Y, but at a local roller skating rink, (no we're not doing skating zumba, although I guess you could adapt it for that), it's a large space to accomodate a crowd.  The instructor is named Lisa and if you click here you can find out about her and the class.   

1 comment: