Sunday, November 7, 2010

Getting ready for a trip

DH and I are heading up to Missouri soon for a yearly fall family gathering.  I don't know about you, but when I hear Road Trip I think of what sewing project to take.  Never mind about the clothes, I just throw a few things together...but I do put some thought into what quilty things I can take along to work on.

So the first item/s I am packing is a set of 4 scrappy placemats that I decided to hand quilt some time ago.  This is definitely a UFO, all 4 placemats are on one backing because that's how I basted it on my longarm.  I have one placemat almost done, only 3 more to go.


The next item is another UFO, an orphan block which I also decided to hand quilt back in 2001-2002? 



And to mix things up a bit I decided to kit up some hand piecing from a book called 101 Patchwork Potholders by Linda Causee. 




The blocks in this book are made from templates and the block finishes at 8".  I think a few of these will be fun and different to work on, nice and small and quick to stitch.  First thought was to really make some potholders, but a quilt made from all kinds of different blocks would be fun.  The blocks are either a 4 patch or a 9 patch base so all of the blocks based on a 4 patch would go together and the same with the 9 patch.

Now then, we are only going away for a long weekend, but it would be awful to run out of things to do, so I always pack more than I need, especially if I keep the projects small. 

No comments:

Post a Comment