Saturday, August 28, 2010

Crumbs & Strings & Pumpkins

The first thing I need to do today is practice a pantograph I haven't done in a while.  This pumpkin pattern is going on a customer's quilt and it's an old pattern where you have to shift the paper pattern every row to stagger the pumpkins forming an interlocking pattern, what a pain, the new ones are NOT like this.  So I've got to make a muslin sandwich, get it on the machine and get the rhythm down.  Might need lots of music for this one.


And then there were crumbs and strings, oh my!  As you can see I have been taken over by them, so today we tame the wild...


 Last night while I was watching the Saints play I played with a few crumbs and finished 6 crumb blocks.  I'm squaring these up to 6.5", I'm really not sure why, just cuz.  They are calling for rain today, so a mindless day of crumbing is just what I need.

3 comments:

  1. I love your swept up crumbs and strings, Bobbi! They look nice and neat and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooohhh!!! Love the crumbs, makes my mouth water!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. crumbs are too good to be left uneaten. Eat them up! I love seeing them used. Good job!

    ReplyDelete