Monday, August 16, 2010

Taking time for mindless piecing

I worked all weekend, but in the evenings and early mornings I did some mindless sewing.  You know, the kind that doesn't need any matching of colors, or thinking involved?  I had some (okay a lot) of 3.5" squares, why that size I don't know, just did.  Thinking of a way to use them up but not get too involved, I decided to just sew the squares together in rows.  I put 18 squares in a row.  I figure that would be 54 finished inches for the width of a quilt, borders to be determined later if at all. 

As I finished a row I'd roll it up and put it in a zippie bag.  I have about 50 of these rolls so far and as you can see I have more 2 patches ready to sew into more rows.  I'm thinking I could make a couple of charity quilts from this. 

But I should have been working on my Winter Frost UFO, Bad Girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment