Sunday, October 31, 2010

Working on a t-shirt quilt for DD

It's early Sunday morning and I don't know where the weekend went!  I've been pedal to the metal working on Nikki's t-shirt quilt so that I can give it to her when I see her in mid Nov.  Nikki wears an XXS (extra extra small) most of the time, sometimes and XS.  That said, you can imagine how little her shirts are.  Try and make a quilt out of that.  So I had to get creative.  Thank goodness she gave me a nice full sack of shirts.  The pictures show how I had to back the neckline to get anything out of the shirt.






Later on today I will try to get the shirts into some sort of layout.  She also gave me some of her old jeans, they are teeny too, but I was hoping to get the border out of strips of jeans.  I'm hoping.....I really haven't taken a good look at them.  I was going to put the seat/pocket part of the jeans in the quilt, but it makes it too bulky in my opinion, I'd rather keep the entire quilt as soft and squishy as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment