Wednesday, October 6, 2010

New crop of strings

Does it ever end?

I did get all of my unruly scraps cut into nice stacks, but you know it generated a whole bunch of strings!  That's not bad, it refreshes my string and crumb collection, giving it new life.  But it never ceases to amaze me how far one piece of fabric goes, even a fat quarter!  I've never followed & documented the life of a fabric in my possession but wouldn't that be interesting?

New crop of strings and crumbs
These strings are more generously sized than normal, truth is, I was getting tired of cutting and just wanted to finish.  But I have found in the past that some fatter strings are nice to have.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! My kitty would love it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like refreshing the string bin to make me want to sew blocks mixing new with the older. Your posts have be inspired to attack my big gasket full of scraps but I'm going to play with my GO! cutter when I do. :)
    Love the potholders too! Thanks for that idea.

    ReplyDelete