Monday, December 6, 2010

And another bag

Since I had leftovers from the first bag I made another smaller one.  This one is from Crafty Bags by Cindy Taylor Oates. 
This one is stuffed with 1/2 yard cuts for another gifty occasion coming up.

I'm still playing with the 4" squares and finding uses for them.  Since I also have a good accumulation of 2.5" strips I was looking for a pattern that would use both.  I remembered Bonnie Hunter's Crayon Box pattern on quiltville.com.  Only thing was it uses 4.5" center squares in the block and mine are only 4".  So yesterday I took some time to adjust the pattern.  I decided to make a couple of practice blocks to be sure my calculations were right, and this is one of the blocks.  It will finish at 11.5", still a decent size. 

No comments:

Post a Comment