Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thursday, a catch-up day

As most of the midwest and east is shovelling snow, we are just cold and rainy.  I remember those blizzards quite well, and though I miss snow, I don't miss those blizzards and treacherous roads.  I remember watching the weather reports of threatening winter storms.  I remember the trips to the grocery store to stock up on essentials, knowing that we'd be hunkered down for days. 

Here in the South, we do the same for Hurricane season.  Stock up, be prepared.  Watch and wait, and hope for the best. 

Today is a catch-up day for me.  It's been an incredibly hectic week and I just want to take the day to regroup, but that won't happen.  Too many chores, and errands to run, but I hope to save some time today for a moment to sip a nice cup of hot cocoa and remember all the snowy days of years' past that we endured.

No comments:

Post a Comment