Friday, July 23, 2010

Which UFO to finish next?

A UFO in the quilting world is an unfinished object.  I have a couple plastic bins full of them, most quilters have at least a few projects unfinished.   I try to pick out a few to concentrate on, pick one and then finish it before I start the next one. 


The maple leaf blocks I've had around for nearly 5 years, so age wise, this one deserves to be finished.  It needs sashing and posts, and a border.  If I get going on it now, I might get it done before our leaves start to fall.

These blocks above are from a pattern called Scrappy Trip Around the World.  The pattern is designed by Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville.  I truly love scrappy quilts, the more cluttered the better.  This one has been sitting only about 2 years, but most of the blocks are finished.  Just a few more to finish up and I can put borders on.

 This last choice is a pattern from a book I bought in Alaska, along with the fabric at a store called Northern Threads in Fairbanks.  It has been aging as well.  The book is called Woodroses in Winter and the pattern is called Morning Frost.  Sherry K. Falls is the designer and her website is called This & That.  Check it out!  Since my son and his wife live in Fairbanks this one is dear to my heart.  It deserves to be finished as well.

So the question is, which one should I pick to finish first.  Hummmm, may have to sleep on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment