Over New Years the Heartstrings Quilt Project did a sew along using the guidelines of their standard quilt block which is a string quilt block. Instead of using the standard blue or red center strip we used purple as suggested by Mary Johnson, our fearless leader of Heartstrings. This is the finished quilt:
My center purple strings were more of a medium purple, though many chose the darker purple.
Inspired by encouraged by my progress I started to assemble a block with a green center string and a narrower blue strip on either side.
I have the 48 blocks finished and just need to put them together for the top to be done. I like the way the green and blue play against the scraps.
Prior to that I started Bonnie Hunter's mystery, Easy Street. I have all of the units assembled, but the project was set aside when I had to get back to customer quilts. I hope to soon pick that up again and finish it. I won't share those pictures until the top is finished.